1. How do I get the doctor on call in case of an emergency after hours?
All you have to do is call the main office number at 228-864-2752 and follow the prompts the answering machine gives you.
2. What medicines can I take during pregnancy?
Please refer to the medicine list you were provided with at your first obstetrical appointment.
3. What are symptoms of a bladder infection?
Stinging or burning with urination, pelvic pressure, backache or flank pain, mild fever
4. What are symptoms of a vaginal infection?
Yeast: white cottage cheese like discharge, vaginal itching or burning
Bacterial: white, gray or yellow discharge, vaginal odor especially after sex, sometimes pelvic discomfort
5. When can I hear the baby's heartbeat the first time?
You can usually hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler at 12 weeks or so.
6. When I can I tell the sex of my baby?
You can usually tell the sex of the baby at the 20 week ultrasound, but not always.
7. When do I need to go to the hospital?
If you think you are in labor, your water breaks, heavy bleeding like a period or if you do not feel the baby move.
8. What do I do if I have a question about something?
We answer phone calls daily after we finish seeing our patients in clinic, usually between 4-5 pm. If you have an emergency, we will always try to call you right back as soon as we get the message.
9. What is the 4D ultrsound?
This is an ultrasound that provides a clear look at the baby. 4D just means that the scan is in real time.
10. Do you offer the HPV vaccine?
11. Can pregnant women receive the flu vaccine?
12. Will my doctor be the one that does my delivery?
Our doctors work on a call basis. The doctor who is on call will do your delivery.
13. How many people may I have in the delivery room?
Our policy is two people per vaginal delivery; one for c-section, unless other wise specified by physician.
14.Do I need to be on a special diet during pregnancy?
No, but you do need an extra 200-300 calories per day -- this equals to an extra glass of milk. Do not eat swordfish, shark, raw oysters, mackeral, limit tuna consumption to 2-3 servings per week. Limit caffeine intake to 300 mg per day which is a cup of coffee or a can of soda a day.
15. Can I go to a tanning bed or get my hair colored?
No tanning, hair coloring is a personal preference. There have been no studies that have proven hair color to be harmful.