1. Fabrics, including clothing and curtains, should be stored on hangers.
2. Do not place cardboard boxes directly on a concrete floor.
3. Heavy boxes should be placed on the bottom with lighter boxes stacked on top.
4. Do not store, food, fuel, flammables or toxic materials.
5. Leave refrigerator and freezer doors open.
6. Wrapping items in newspaper or any other colored, inked paper will stain your belongings.
7. Rubbing metal items with mineral oil can deter rust.
8. When packing books, lay the books flat to protect their spines.
9. Place larger items to the rear of the storage unit and smaller items up front for easier access.