Douglas M. Adel, D.D.S. is committed to using state-of-the-art equipment and materials at his practice. This insures quality care and long lasting results for each patient. Our dedicated and highly trained staff will listen to your dental concerns and effectively diagnose and devise a customized treatment plan for your individual needs. Dental technology and equipment is constantly changing, which provides new and improved ways for Douglas M. Adel, D.D.S. to treat his patients and produce that perfect smile.
Cosmetic and Family Dentistry
- Porcelain Laminates and Veneers
- Porcelain veneers and laminates are thin pieces of durable porcelain that are custom-made for you. When bonded to the teeth, they can conceal chips, gaps, cracks, discoloration, and misalignment. They have a lifelike appearance with strength, beauty, and durability that only porcelain laminates can provide. Dr. Adel will discuss the process of porcelain veneers and develop a smile makeover plan determining the size, shape, and color that you are going to be happy with. He also uses digital smile-makeover software so you can see what your new smile will look like before you start the process.
- Customized Teeth Whitening
- Your lifestyle (what you eat and drink) and the natural aging process can stain/discolor your teeth. Dr. Adel can help you get a whiter, brighter smile using the whitening procedure that is most suited to your teeth and your budget. We have customized whitening trays, teeth whitening films, and in-office whitening procedures. You decide which you would like to try. During a whitening appointment, one of our hygienists will apply a protective gel to your gum area and then apply a whitening gel to your teeth. A special handheld light activates the gel so it will penetrate the enamel and dentin to remove the stains and discoloration.
- Computer-Generated Crowns in a Single Appointment
- CEREC's precision 3-D technology allows Dr. Adel to create a customized crown that fits your teeth perfectly and is completely compatible with your own teeth structure. With Cerec you also eliminate the need for a temporary crown.
- Dental Bonding
- Dr. Adel uses bonding to repair cracks, chips, and flaws in teeth. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the surface of a tooth and hardened with a special light which bonds the material to the tooth to restore and/or improve your smile.
- Cerec Smile Makeovers
- Dr. Adel uses high-quality ceramic to create beautiful tooth-colored inlays and onlays that match the color and appearance of the rest of your teeth with the Cerec 3D system.
- Digital Smile Makeover Photography
- Dr. Adel will provide a Cosmetic Evaluation using state-of-the-art Digital Smile Makeover software so you can see what your teeth will look like before your Smile Makeover begins
- Inlays and onlays are a type of filling that are used as a restoration of a broken or worn tooth, for large cavities, or to replace an existing large filling. Inlays are designed for tooth damage affecting the indented portion of the top of the tooth and onlays are for more extensive tooth damage.
- Full Mouth Restorations
- Cleanings and Checkups
- All patients will receive a complete comprehensive exam when they schedule their first cleaning/check-up. This includes a full oral exam, digital X-rays, a complete periodontal exam, and an oral cancer screening. Good oral hygiene is important to prevent a variety of dental and medical problems. Recent research has shown that the bacteria present in gum disease are also found in the plaques that clog arteries in people with heart disease. A good professional cleaning is not just for the health of your teeth but also for your entire well-being.
• Scaling and Root Planing
- Mature Adult Dentistry
- Dr. Adel and his well-trained staff have over two decades of experience dealing with various dental conditions that can occur in mature adults. Our treatment plans provide the best possible care for long-term health, using only the highest-quality materials that will last. Growing older today does not mean you have to lose your teeth. Let us help you preserve your teeth and your smile. All senior patients will receive a complete comprehensive exam when they schedule their first cleaning/check-up. This includes a full oral exam, digital X-rays, a complete periodontal exam, and an oral cancer screening. Good oral hygiene is important to prevent a variety of dental and medical problems. Recent research has shown that the bacteria present in gum disease are also found in the plaques that clog arteries in people with heart disease. A good professional cleaning is not just for the health of your teeth but also for your entire well-being. Dr. Adel has many options for the replacement of missing teeth and the restoration of broken-down teeth through dental implants, single-visit crowns, onlays and veneers with Cerec, and partial and full dentures.
- Metal-Free Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Tooth-colored fillings use a strong white filling material that is metal-free. For larger fillings inlays or onlays may be used.
- Root Canal Therapy
- A root canal is a procedure that is done to save a tooth that is badly damaged or infected. The pulp, or living part of the tooth, is made up of nerves and blood vessels. It is contained in the pulp chamber, a space inside center of the tooth, which holds the pulp and extends into roots. It becomes infected or dies if decay infects the pulp, if you've had a traumatic injury that causes inflammation of the pulp, or if you have a deep filling that is close to the pulp chamber or a tooth fracture. Every now and then the pulp can become inflamed and die for no reason. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed from the "canal" inside of the root, which is then cleaned, filled, and sealed.
- If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, Dr. Adel will try to repair it with a filling, porcelain crown, or inlay. Sometimes there is too much damage for the tooth to be repaired, and this is the most common reason for extracting a tooth. A lot of extractions, including wisdom teeth, can be completed in our office in a comfortable environment.
- Implant Restorations
- Dental implants are a technological which involves using a titanium post that bonds to your bone and mimics a tooth root. Implants are the most natural, comfortable and durable replacements for your natural teeth available today. When teeth are lost, the bones which hold the roots of the teeth start to dissolve and can cause sore gums because the dentures will not be as stable. Fixed bridges and removable dentures usually need to be replaced every seven to 15 years, compared to up to a 25-year life span for dental implants. Fixed bridges and removable dentures only provide 10 to 15 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth, making it more difficult to enjoy many foods for a healthy lifestyle.
- You deserve correctly fitting dentures and partials. They should not be slipping or causing sores in your mouth from not fitting correctly. Dr. Adel works with a top denture lab to ensure the highest quality and fitting of your denture or partial so that they are stable and completely comfortable. The full and partial dentures are custom-made using quality materials that look natural and are durable. Dr. Adel insures that they are the right color, size and shape, and that your bite (the way your teeth come together) is correct so that you can talk and eat properly.
- TMJ Therapy
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder is a condition involving many different symptoms. Your lower jaw is beneath your Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) by a group of muscles and tendons. If the teeth fit together (occlusion) in a comfortable, aligned way, the muscle remains relaxed and functions correctly. If your teeth are not in the same alignment to each other the jaw can misalign and shift into a new position. This misalignment can sometimes cause headaches, discomfort, clicking of the jaw, grinding of teeth and premature wear of your teeth. Dr. Adel may recommend an orthotic appliance, muscle/jaw massage, or orthodontics. The orthotic removable appliance is worn over the teeth for a specific period of time and will help return your bite to its correct occlusion.
- Crowns - If any of your teeth has significant damage, it may need to be covered (or crowned) in order to restore it to its normal shape, size, color, and function. The final result will be long-lasting and appear as natural as the original teeth.
Bridges - If you have a tooth or teeth missing you can replace the missing tooth/teeth with a permanent bridge. Dr. Adel ensures that your bridge is made with top-of-the-line materials that will be long-lasting and the right color, size, and shape of your original teeth.
- Snoring/Sleep Apnea Appliances
- Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when air cannot flow in or out of a person's nose or mouth although efforts to breathe continue. These episodes of breathing obstruction can disrupt sleep, leading to daytime sleepiness, and apnea can be the cause of cardiac problems. Since OSA is a serious medical condition, it must be diagnosed by a physician. Diagnosis is based on the results of an overnight sleep study, called a polysomnogram (PSG). Other factors of determining OSA are patient evaluation and history. Good sleep hygiene, weight loss, and exercise are some helpful OSA treatments a patient can practice on their own. However, medical and dental treatments include Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, Oral Appliance Therapy, and surgery. Oral appliances reposition the jaw and tongue to a more forward position during sleep. This helps keep the airway open, controlling snoring and minimizing obstructive sleep apnea leading to less loss of sleep, more restful nights, less daytime fatigue, and prevention of heart disease.
Oral appliances are worn in the mouth to treat snoring and OSA. These devices are similar to orthodontic retainers or sports mouth guards. Oral Appliance Therapy involves the selection, design, fitting, and use of a custom-designed oral appliance that is worn during sleep. This appliance then attempts to maintain an opened, unobstructed airway in the throat. There are many different oral appliances available. Approximately 40 appliances have been approved through the FDA for treatment of snoring and/or sleep apnea. Oral appliances may be used alone or in combination with other means of treating OSA. These means include general health, weight management, surgery, or CPAP. Oral appliances work by repositioning the lower jaw, tongue, soft palate, and uvula, stabilizing the lower jaw and tongue, and increasing the muscle tone of the tongue.
- Intraoral Photos
- The intraoral camera offers an instantaneous and thorough inside view of your mouth—you are actually able to see on the monitor exactly what Dr. Adel is looking at. This allows him to diagnose fractures and other abnormalities that our naked eye would not be able to see.
- Nitrous Oxide
- Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide (N20) is a safe and effective anesthetic agent for conscious sedation. It helps to relieve dental anxiety while allowing the patients to be awake and able to communicate.
- Dental Lasers
- Soft Tissue Dental Lasers are used for precision incisions with gum tissue, reduce any bleeding at the site, and to help reduce healing time. Dental diode lasers are also being used to help sterilize canals in endodontics, treat periodontal disease, and aid in tooth whitening. When used for gingival troughing, the diode laser also eliminates the need for retraction cord.
- Digital X-rays
- Not only are digital X-rays a green process that eliminates the need for conventional chemical developing, they are also instantaneous and with minimum radiation. This is healthier for the patient and allows Dr. Adel to be more efficient and accurate with his diagnostic evaluation of the patient.
- The Wand
- The Wand is a computer-controlled anesthetic distribution system that is designed to prevent any pain at all—no more shots! The Wand allows the anesthetic to flow only into the exact part of the mouth being treated, and it does it with extreme accuracy and is completely comfortable.
- Private Rooms
- Massage Hygiene Chairs
- Heated Hygiene Chairs
- Spa Neck Pillows
- Comfortable Injections (The Wand)
- Nitrous Oxide
- Electric Handpieces (Quieter)
Dental insurance is accepted, and our front office will help evaluate your particular insurance plan and file it for you.
Please contact us for information regarding our dental services and future promotions.
14211 NW 150th Avenue |
Alachua, FL 32615 (across the street from City Hall and the tennis courts)
Phone: 386-462-4635 |
Fax: 386-462-3009 | email@example.com |
8-5 M-Th (Friday by appointment) |
P.O. Box 2047 |